May

May
Our houses for sale

Thursday 6 April 2017

Gutted

Today was the day of my X-ray. I woke up excited as I have been looking forward to the result of my X-ray for ages. Toby and I drove off to the hospital and everything went as normal. Booked in; sauntered off to corridor 4, waiting room 1, or whatever. The radiologist was a little boy who looked like Nicholas Lyndhurst as Rodney in the very early days of Only Fools and Horses. He tried to speak English which was sweet but as my French was better then his English we ended up speaking French. Anyway, he didn't seem to know what he was doing on the X-ray machine but after 3 or 4 tries seemed to think he had a good enough picture.  So off I went to see Rolland. The X-ray pictures weren't very good but anyway, you can see the bone graft linking up the two bits of bone so I was happy enough. Then, in time, in came Rolland and someone else, a nurse perhaps. They confirmed that the Graft they had put in was in the right place and then told me that I have to keep wearing the sling until the bone is fully grown as  last time the plaque got broken and they are blaming me for taking off the sling too early. So now I have to wear the sling day and night, I'm allowed to take it off to relieve the ache or stiffness but only if I am resting. Not to pull my pants up or do anything. I've got to be really careful not to break the plaque so I'm not allowed to swim, drive, or do anything that might risk the breakîng of the plaque by imprudence ( or impatience!) He said it is a bigger plaque than last time covering half my humerus but I must be very careful not to lift anything heavy or do anything basically.  I'm allowed to  go for walks as long as I promise not to fall over!

So I'm feeling very disappointed as I really thought I was going to be back to normal life today and the way they said "it's much to early for that" I think I'll be strapped up in the bloody sling as an invalid for another three months at least. Ehue! So I really need to see the positives - I'll try and rest a lot more and enjoy the summer. Spend time in the garden (although what I can actually do with one arm is quite limited ) and design the garden for the future. On a brighter note the seeds are really sprouting now and we are going to have a fantastic number of melons this summer. I think I've got 5 butternut squash, about 5 or 6 watermelons, a few cantaloupe and a few charentais but the honeydew are the only ones that haven't started sprouting yet. I bought some courgette seeds but I haven't planted them just yet. That's a job for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment