May

May
Our houses for sale

Wednesday 5 April 2017

Today started off really well as before I even got out of bed Toby gave me a massage with coconut oil which was sheer bliss! Chris and Paul who are buying the house at Fougeret wanted to go over there and take some more measurements etc so they came to pick me up. I'm still not driving, which is awful.  The garden was lovely and we walked around identifying trees but the grass was very wet and soaked my shoes and my feet have been cold all day. Alexis is panicking about the longhorn beetles (capricorns in French) but I haven't rung her back yet.

The pudding I made last night was a chocolate custard tart on a base of crushed praline and cornflakes - an experiment for me as I just though it would be yummy. It was okay last night - still runny as it was just out of the oven but today it was amazing, so now I know that I need to make it in advance and let it cool completely and then chill it in the fridge. Also, I think it would be better in a wide shallow spring-form tin as I did it in a small one and it was too deep. The base was a bit crumbly but I think some melted butter and golden syrup would hold it together better .

The plants are great! There are about 5 butternut squash and a couple of melons. No charentais melons showing their heads yet. I bought some courage tote seeds yesterday to I'm looking forward to planting those too. And I need to finish weeding the herb garden and plant a load of coriander and rocket. Everything takes time. Tomorrow I have my X-ray in Poitiers so I really hope my arm is knitting this time. I really need to get fit and skinny as I'm feeling old, old old and really fat. Still, I will. Probably this time in three months I'll be closer to where I'd like to be.

I've booked flights to England to visit my darling Mummy on 10th May which is rather exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment