May

May
Our houses for sale

Saturday 22 April 2017

Too much work

Well, it's been absolutely manic lately. Really busy with work and doing viewings twice a day at Lisa and Malcolm's house in St Martin L'Ars. I had Carl Jenkins and his wife on Wednesday afternoon who are coming back tomorrow for a second viewing. I hope to god they buy it because I am really fed up with it.. We are having to lock the gate and the key I have doesn't work from the outside so someone has to climb over and unlock it from the other side! It's a bloody nightmare. Especially for me with my arm in a sling. Toby has said he'll take me there this morning and we'll try and work out how to open it from the outside so that I don't have to ask the clients to climb over the gate. On Wednesday morning I had a wonderful couple who wanted to buy the house at Queaux that Debra and Les have just sold. They looked at the house at St Martin L'Ars and were making really positive noises, talking about adding windows and taking off the render - two jobs that would make a huge difference to the prettiness of the house, but they texted me the next day saying that they had decided to buy a tiny little house in the Dordogne from James Scott.  Meanwhile, Kate Ryle from Beaux Villages is doing lots of viewings there too so it is just a race. I think perhaps I should stop doing viewings for a while as I'm not positive enough at the moment.

In other news, Theresa May has called a snap election on 8th June. She thinks she is strong enough to win by a landslide, and listening to Any Questions yesterday, I suppose this could be the truth. I was hoping that the Lib Dems would come out all guns blazing and have a manifesto based on putting a stop to this whole Brexit nonsense, and winning! But I think that's wishful thinking and it doesn't look as if they've got the balls , and perhaps now that article 50 has been triggered, everyone is resigned to Brexit and the people wouldn't vote against it anyway. So we need to get on with getting French citizenship. I need to find my parents' birth, marriage and death certificates when I go back to UK to see my lovely mother in the middle of May. Also, something rather exciting about that trip is that I have arranged to have dinner with Dave and Fiona and Alfie on the Saturday night. I haven't seen Dave for about 13 years so that really is exciting. I do need to lose some weight though before then as I can't get into any of my clothes . OMG, it is so awful. I hate being this fat. I must get on to a more positive plain and I think this is one aspect that is really important.

Harriet and Freddy are on holiday at the moment. Freddy went to stay with Gus for a few days and they ate nothing but takeaways! Oh, la honte! Harriet was really pleased when Freddy got home, although she and Toby have both had a headache for the last few days - maybe it's a bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment